October 22, 2010

Snow!

My first grade year was the one (and only) year we lived in the midwest, so my most distinct memories are of the differences from my previous (and current) home on the west coast. A big difference was the SNOW! We walked to school in it, made snowmen in the yard that weren't gone by morning, and school wasn't cancelled for a few flurries or a slushy road! While it was novel and fun, I have to say I am not sorry to have moved away - I'm a blue skies and dry sidewalks kinda girl. I can handle cold, but I'm not a fan of gray or wet... It made for some fun pictures though!


4 comments:

  1. I am not a wet and gray weather person either! Thankfully I have never lived where it snows much, because I am sure I would not enjoy that at all. Enjoyed your post and the other post that was linked here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures remind me of my own Chicago childhood;) Snow, and lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in the midwest all my life. I love the look of the snow but it stays too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow photos are the best! As I've been digging through things for MPT, I've found photos of three generations in the snow! Yes, we're from the midwest! Grandma Karen, visiting from Group 3.

    ReplyDelete