![]() |
| My cousin enjoying the sun and sand. |
![]() |
| My brother and I next to the campfire. |
As anyone who has lived or vacationed at the beach knows, early mornings are often foggy, and how warm the day is depends on how early the fog burns off. My brother and I would put pieces of driftwood or firewood scraps in the coals of the campfire until they were smoldering, then we’d extinguish any real flame in the sand and wave the smoking sticks around in the direction of the ocean. We called it our “fog dance,” convinced that we could thwart the marine layer from ruining our fun.
The older we got, the more activities we were involved in, and the busier our weekends became. Camping trips became fewer and farther between, and soon beach trips were more often day adventures. The memories of our fog dances, s’mores, and breakfast in the sand are fond ones, and I am looking forward to making some camping memories of our own with our boys when they’re just a little bigger.



These are certainly wonderful vivid memories camping. I know you'll be talking about them to your own family. Vacations are very special times. As a child, we never took family vacations due to my dad's work. But for my own family, we've been able to really enjoy nice family vacations. I hope our children will cherish them. Karen (from Group 3)
ReplyDeleteI think the family that vacations together stays together... nothing elaborate but simple pleasures just like these beach trips. I'm so up for a trip like this, how 'bout this wknd? Okay?
ReplyDeleteSO FUN! I never ever have camped on the beach, but it sounds splendid. You described it all so well. . . I'm ready to go to the beach right away!
ReplyDelete