September 20, 2010

To Be Continued...

I spent all week trying to figure out what I would write about. To the point that I came right down to the wire on the link-up...
Trying to decide what to write about for my "tale" each week was at least limited by a time frame; for week 15, I have many more years to ponder. When I think about the events of my life after high school that are most exciting, most challenging, most wonderful, most emotional, most enjoyable, or most anything, I think of my kids. But certainly there are important things to write about in the B.C. (before children) era. Would I write about College? Work? Marriage? Becoming a grown-up?
I've come up with everything and nothing. This is an anti-climactic post in that it is not the end - but it is exciting in that it is the beginning. I'll be joining a young adult years link-up at Mommy's Piggy Tales on Mondays with Ginny Marie. Hopefully I can come up with something to say.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sure you will come up with some wonderful stories! I'm going to email the group as we get closer to Oct. 11 to give you some prompts. They will be just suggestions, but hopefully they will jog your memory and inspire your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a good job of ending also...because you are going on. Since I am 49 and married 30 years continuing has so many years, that I felt I should stop. I do need to write it down somewhere. Enjoy the next leg of your journey of Mommy Piggy Tales. I had a few years before kids..funny I can hardly remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne -- I'm so glad there is the young adult edition! Don't worry, since it's TBC, you can just keep adding on. :)

    I actually felt a little TOO limited by the year/grade rule, since I don't think about my life like that -- probably because I didn't go to school and a new grade hardly meant anything. I had been sort of disappointed with what I'd written overall because I felt like I left out too much, and probably expanded too much, but this last chapter was more what I wanted to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete