I love to write. I feel better after I write. I like what I write. I like others to read what I write. So why don't I write more? It feels like I'm being self-indulgent. Even now, I'm feeling like I should be closing the laptop and thawing out dinner - or washing the breakfast dishes - accomplishing something during naptime. What I have to convince myself of is that I am accomplishing something by writing. That this is important work.
The memory record project at Mommy's Piggy Tales has inspired me to create this blog and to feel accomplished when I write. I am writing for a reason. For my memories, for my children, for myself. Do I hope my readers will enjoy it? Of course! I hope you'll interact with my stories, and perhaps even be inpired by them. I hope that you'll connect with my stories, with me. But I'm writing first for me - and I'm going to learn to be ok with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment